Thursday, January 22, 2009

Perspective

When things are going bad, do you allow the misfortune of others to make you realize life is not that bad? or does it just make you more sad?

Usually, it just makes me more sad. When i didn't like my food growing up, telling me that there were starving Ethiopians only made it worse.

But today, I read that Nepal is drowning in Garbage, and for some reason, I feel better.

My inability to get a job despite having an advanced degree, and my complete lack of a backup plan, as well as my significant mound of debt were all overshadowed by an entire city smothered by huge mountains of rotting garbage.

Perspective is a positive. Maybe living in a tent won't be so bad after all.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
Renaissance Human by Eric Jenkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.